Fractal Software To Create These Beautiful Fractals
There are many different kinds of fractal generating software out there, just waiting for an artist to create beautiful fractal images.
Many of them are free and some of them even have creators who are members here at Deviant Art!.
There are groups available that are devoted to specific programs....and there are groups that solicit your art no matter which
software you choose to use.
This journal will by no means be exhaustive, or complete....
.....but will give you some idea as to where YOU might like to start on your fractal-creating journey.
Incendia is a 3D Multiprocessor Fractal Engine that allows you to explore the realm of the 3D fractals.
The program is in a development stage and has the following features:
1024, 2048, 2560 and 3072 px image resolutions (4096 and 8192 px for donors)
- Supports 2X Antialiasing for smooth fractal renders
- 45 3D fractal types (many to come in next releases)
- Fractal Scripting support, for creating new fractal types
- Texture library that allow to import external ones
- Color Gradient support
- Multiple Rendering Styles (Including volumetric fog and many new render shaders)
- Multicore render engine
- 3D Baseshapes for Fractal based constructions (includes six different displacement mapping baseshapes)
- Fractal Tranformation Editor
- 3D baseshape Editor
- Material Editor
- 3D Mesh Export (volumetric mesh exports up to 1000x1000x1000 voxels for donors)
- Buffer Saving (for long renders)
- Animation Support
Apophysis has many features for creating and editing fractal flames, including an editor which allows one to directly edit the transforms by manipulating triangles, a mutations window, which applies random edits to the triangles, an adjust window, which allows the adjustment of coloring and location of the image. Be sure and check out the chat-room for everything fractal related!
introduces you to the world of fractals. A world that seems to be chaotic but when you look closer, patterns emerge. Not only are fractals theoretical mathematical constructs; the theory of fractals can be applied to fractals in nature, too.
Fractals are fascinating objects. Coastlines, mountains, trees, ferns and many more are fractals and cannot be calculated by general geometry. Fractal Geometry has to be applied to them to understand and calculate them. But Even if one does not understand the complex mathematics behind the fractals nevertheless they are stunning.
Fractal Explorer is a freeware fractal generator that can produce mysterious and beautiful mathematically-based images. Not just a tool for professionals, FE can provide hours of entertainment for beginners and experts alike.
Mandelbulb, Mandelbulber, and Mandelbulb 3D
The Mandelbulb is a three-dimensional analogue of the Mandelbrot set, constructed by Daniel White and Paul Nylander using spherical coordinates. Mandelbulber is an experimental application that helps to make rendering 3D Mandelbrot fractals much more accessible. A few of the supported 3D fractals: Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, Quaternion, Trigonometric, Hypercomplex, and Iterated Function Systems (IFS). All of these can be combined into infinite variations with the ability to hybridize different formulas together. Visit Mandelbulber.com to find out about the application, download it, and see some of the amazing images that fractal artists have created using the software.
Krzysztof Marczak. It is an easy to use, handy but experimental application designed to help you render 3D Mandelbrot fractals such as the Mandelbulb and some other kind of 3D fractals like the Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, and Iterated Function Systems (IFS).
- Completely free, GNU GPL licence
- Runs under Windows and Linux (also 64-bit)
- Complex 3D shading: hard shadows, ambient occlusion, environment mapping, fog, Depth of Field
- Key-frame animation of all floating-point parameter
And for more information about the Mandelbulb 3D software:
Check out this active and friendly resource...
(http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php… where a lot of discussion and work has been done with Mandelbulb 3d.
A new program that has come to the fractal communities notice is called CHAOTICA
Chaotica is a next-generation fractal art application, designed for both novices and professional artists.
Novice users can enjoy editing randomized fractals to easily produce gorgeous, customized desktop wallpapers, perfect for HD displays.
Professional users will particularly value the fast, modern rendering engine.
Print-sized images are easily produced, and real-time imaging controls dramatically accelerate your workflow.
created by: Andreas Maschke (Thargor6 on Deviant Art)
JWildire is the spiritual successor of the award winning special effect program Wildfire7PPC for the Amiga but this time implemented in Java and with a more sophisticated user interface and more cool effects. JWildfire works with Windows and Linux! Flame fractals
The currently most complete feature is the flame fractal module “T.I.N.A.” which is currently the most powerful and versatile flame fractal software available.
It features an powerful and intuitive editor, a simple-to-use morphing-based animation-editor, a gradient-editor, a module were you can create sound-synchronized flame fractal -movies, and much more.
- Key Features:
Contains the most versatile and complete Fractal Flame Editor available
- stunning 3D effects (such as wave3D, water, twirl3d, …)
- 3D effect superimposition (e. g. wave3D interference)
- image composition (layers, even for HDR images)
- image generators (perlin noise, cloud generator, plasma, …)
- many “common” image processing effects in 2D (such as twirl, erode, convolve, …)
- simple, powerful and visual appealing graphical user interface
- Sunflow renderer integration for high quality rendering (experimental)
- robust and object-oriented software-design, easy to extend
- runs on any major platform which features a Java runtime (does not mean that you need a Java plugin for your Web browser)
- Xaos (which means to cancel "chaos"!)
- created by: Thomas Marsh and Jan Hubicka.
- XaoS is an interactive fractal zoomer. It allows the user to continuously zoom in or out of a
- fractal in a fluid, continuous motion. This capability makes XaoS great for exploring fractals, and it’s fun!
- If you don’t know what fractals are, don’t worry. XaoS includes many animated tutorials that
- make learning about fractals fun and easy. These tutorials are also a great introduction to all of XaoS’s features.
- created by : Frederik Slijkerman
- Ultra Fractal is a great way to create your own fractal art. Today, fractals are much more than
- the Mandelbrot sets that you may have seen before.
- With Ultra Fractal, you can choose from thousands of fractal types and coloring algorithms,
- zoom in as far as you want, use gradients to add color, and apply multiple layers to combine
- different fractals in one image.
- Ultra Fractal is very easy to use and yet more capable than any other fractal program. No mathematics required!
- The downloaded evaluation version is fully functional, except that exported and rendered images are marked as written by an evaluation copy.
- If you have a license for Ultra Fractal 5, enter it when starting the program to turn the trial version into a full version.
- If you want to keep using Ultra Fractal after the 30-day trial period,
- you must purchase a copy in the Ultra Fractal shop. You can also purchase a site license if you need more than one copy.
- Right now it runs between $39.00 and $129.00 American Dollars
- For more information about purchasing check it out here www.ultrafractal.com/shop/
Be sure and check out :iconUltra-Fractal-Redux: for some fun and challenges, as well as support
for beginner and expert alike!
There are still so MANY other different types available to be used that I could not list them all
in image form, but here below are some places to help in your search
for the perfect Fractal Software: